How to Clean Your Tile Yourself
The best way to clean your tile and grout is to start off with cleaners that are mild. If you need ideas for mild cleaners, follow the suggestions below.
1. Begin by simple using warm water and a brush that is soft when you need to remove a stain. Move in circular movements around the tile and grout. You can see how effective this works once it dries.
2. If you have stains that are lighter or soil buildup, make a mixture with water and vinegar in equal parts. Using a spray bottle, apply the mixture to the stain and let it sit for five minutes. Once the wait time is over, scrub lightly with a soft brush and then rinse.
3. If you have grout that is stained, use the eraser of a pencil on the grout lines. This alone will sometimes work on the stain, so it’s worth trying.
4. If step three doesn’t get the stain out, make a paste with water and baking soda. Apply the mixture to the lines of grout. Now use the vinegar spray you made in step two and add it to the paste. Let this sit on the grout for five minutes. Scrub it lightly once the mixtures stop foaming with a soft brush, then rinse it off.
5. If you need something a little more intense for your grout stain, create a paste using hydrogen peroxide and baking soda. Use it the same way you use the paste in step four.
6. If you have mold and mildew to remove, create a mixture of water and ammonia and spray it on the area. You will want to ensure you have good ventilation if you use this mixture, and use eye protection and rubber gloves.
Despite all your efforts, you may find you cannot get rid of your grime buildup, mold, mildew, or other tough cases. Or maybe you just don’t want to deal with the hassle that comes along with cleaning your tile and grout. If so, contact us Nurse's Touch Services to care for your tile cleaning needs. Cleaning porous grout is a difficult job for the DIY person, so it may be best to call in the professional tile cleaners to care for it. Your stains may require tools and solutions that are professional grade, especially if they have set for a while and had time to settle. The professionals will come right to your home and take care of your situation. Once all stains are removed, they will seal the grout lines to create a barrier that will allow the grout to endure spilled food or drinks easier.